The Elwood Corporation is a privately owned company with a 37 year record of designing and manufacturing innovative product solutions to a broad base of customers. As and ISO 9001:2008 certified company we pride ourselves on having a dynamic team who consistently deliver an outstanding value proposition for our list of customers.
As part of the Elwood Corporation, The Fluid Power Group is an industry leader of high pressure valves and systems for water, soluble oil and other low viscosity applications worldwide. We are seeking a talented professional to join our team of dedicated, customer focused individuals who aspire to excel in all that they do.
Your Primary responsibilities will include:
• Work with the sales team to help set strategic direction for the business.
• Develop and execute a territory sales plan.
• Properly identify and classify customer purchasing potential.
• Plan frequency of visits based on potential and overall sales plan objectives for territory.
• Develop relationships with current customer base.
• Prospect and sign new customers.
• Prepare customer proposals, quotations and correspondences.
• Act as the champion for our customers within the organization.
• Report customer visits and communication activity on a weekly basis.
• Maintain travel and expense budget for the territory.
• Self motivated.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Energetic, assertive and well organized.
• Excellent negotiating skills capable of selling total value, not price alone.
• Posses an entrepreneurial spirit.
• 5-7 years in business-to-business industrial selling environment, preferably in the fluid power industry.
• 3-5 years experience calling on steel and aluminum mills.
• Possess a 2 or 4 year engineering degree.
• Ability to travel domestically up to 75% of the time, home on weekends.
At Elwood we reward performance with avenues for growth, education, training and have an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Please send your resume and salary requirements in strict confidence to: